Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

A little paper weaving and scrapbooking...

I got so wrapped up in working on a couple of MDS projects that I almost forgot to do my post today.  Fortunately, I had it all ready to go, so here you are:

Paper weaving is a great way to use up strips of DSP scraps.  It's also great, if you're opening a new package, to not have to use very much --- so it's quite economical... and it looks great.

Today, I"ll show you 2 layouts --- one for fall and one for Christmas --- that both use weaving as part of the background for the pages.

The fall layout uses Spice Cake DSP and the stamp set Gently Falling.  It starts out with a crumb cake base and then uses 6 strips on each page.  You could lay them out as mirrored images or flip one around, as I've done here.


Close-up of left page:

Close-up of right page:

Close-up of stamped leaves:

Close-up of the weaving:
Tip:
It's super simple to line up your strips and have them be evenly spaced and straight --- just use our grid paper and it works every time.  I started my first strip leaving 2 grid boxes (1/2") from the edge of the CS base.  I left a space of 1 grid box (1/4") between each strip.  Secure just the end of the strip until you get them all placed, and then add more adhesive --- Liquid Tombow or Snail work well.

Here's a slight variation, still using weaving as a part of the background, to create a Christmas layout:
For this layout, I started (again) with a crumb cake CS for the base and then did my weaving with just 4 strips on each page.  I used the Frostwood Lodge DSP and then chose our Winter Wishes felt pieces for my accents.  I've kept it clean and simple so that I'll have room to add any journaling I might need or even a few more (smaller) photos.

In my next post, I'll give you a peek at the MDS projects I've been creating.  It's so much fun.  I ordered them all today, so I have cards and gifts all set for some lucky recipients.  If you're planning on ordering any MDS projects printed, you should get them ordered by Dec. 7, at the latest.

Happy Stamping!

December 5 and counting...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...