Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Here it is --- White Christmas!

This year, I wanted to make a Christmas display that was as elegant as the one I had last year, but with an entirely new look.  I usually use lots of deep reds, a  rather cherry cobbler look going on and just love it.  This time, I decided to go with a 'White Christmas' look.  I used all whites, golds, and silvers with mostly white and silver.  The silver and gold are all embossed with pewter embossing powder and gold embossing powder.  I can't say enough good things about the new pewter EP.  It is beyond gorgeous!!!  The trees are made with styrofoam bases and covered with pieces cut and embossed on the Big Shot.  I also punched silver glimmer paper snowflakes for one of the trees and used the crochet Fleurettes on the smallest tree.  Tons of brads and yards of ribbons were involved and I have lots of burns and scars to testify to the use of my hot glue gun.  I'm happy with the end result and will enjoy seeing it in my studio from now until Christmas.












Some of the stockings open at the top, so you can add a fluff of sheer fabric and/or maybe a treat, and some open with a top fold - to be used as a card.  I love creating framed projects and our elegant Christmas stamps lend themselves well to framing.  Frames such as these are great for decorating your home for Christmas and they make great gifts, too.  You'll notice that I included some of my favorite old cookie cutters and biscuit cutters in with the projects.  I love hunting for these in antique stores.  I never knew there were so many unique designs.  I even have a large one that's a rocking horse.

All in all, I think I've created a White Christmas and hope something here will inspire you to get creating for the holidays.  Don't forget to check out my class schedules for remaining holiday classes.

4 comments:

  1. Lana, I just love your trees. I'm thinking of doing your simple one (just the curled paper). Do you remember what size your strips were? Did you just hot glue them to the styrofoam? Pins? Thanks for the idea. I want to do a light blue/white theme in one of my rooms - this would be so pretty and looks pretty easy. Thanks for sharing info. Amy Phelps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, thanks for your kind comments. To make the tree with the strips, I used 1 X 2" strips of Shimmery White CS and curled up the ends with my bone folder. After the tree was entirely finished, I spritzed it with my rubbing alcohol/Frost White Shimmer Paint concoction. Oh, and I attached them with my glue gun. I love your idea of the blue and white and know it will come out gorgeous. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Stunning!! Your display is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...