Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Decor for the Holidays

I needed a couple of projects to display in my bookcases and remembered I had never worked on my chunky frames yet.  I had 2 of them just sitting and waiting for me to do something with them.  Here's what I did --- quick and simple:



I embossed the 'Joy' with our Pewter EP on shimmery white CS.  I layered it onto silver glimmer paper and then a layer of textured white CS.  The frames are displayed (1 at each end of the bookcases) with silver filigree trees.  I was going to emboss snowflakes directly onto the frames, but chose not to so that I could keep the option of putting something else inside the frame if I ever wanted to change it.  These frames were retired, but you can still find some on the clearance rack.  Here's the link.

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=117599

They were $19.95 and now they're $7.99!  What a deal.  Copy and paste the link to go right to the page.

I hope you'll try adding some personal touches to your holiday decor with some handmade projects.  Check back often for more holiday project ideas.  My next post will really glimmer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...