Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I thought Toby Joe would really freak out when I put his new costume on him but I think he actually liked it.  He even kept on the little hat but I don't think that part fit so well.



And now, since it's Halloween, I want to share some mask ideas with you.  My mask was made with some medallions made with our Frightful Sight DSP.  I covered the base with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz and then decorated it after it dried.  I used some feathers I had on hand, along with our rhinestone 'jewels.'

I found these basic mask forms at a local craft and sewing store.  I let the boys paint them with their paints.  I think they did an awesome job!  After they dried (a looonnnnng time:) I helped them decorate with more of our rhinestones and my feathers.  We stuck the feathers on with large glue dots (retired but still in my stash).
Here they are painting their masks:









And here we are modeling our masks:



They kind of remind me of something from the Avatar movie!



And then Olive Jane came over for a visit.  She saw everyone else dressed up so fine and knew she needed to join in on the fun.  What a doll baby!

Happy Halloween, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...