Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Spice Cake, Spice Cake, Spice Cake!

Happy Monday!  You didn't think I'd run out of Spice Cake projects, did you?  Here are a couple of cute projects that I think you'll enjoy.

This card is all about rich layers of texture.  It has a pool party base, layered with an embossed (square lattice embossing folder) piece of soft suede.  I tied a torn piece of Spice Cake fabric around the soft suede layer and topped it with a more mustard (Spice Cake) button.  Hemp is tied inside the button.  The little scalloped edge (scallop border punch) of more mustard helps tie it all together.  I also added a focal piece with Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped on an oval and then stamped off some seeds in more mustard with the Gently Falling stamp set.  I added a layer of more mustard punched with the oval scallop punch and punched a curly label shape out of pool party to go behind that.  All these little pieces are on dimensionals.

You need a cute jar to store your extra Spice Cake buttons.  This is a little canning jar that I found on sale at my favorite store with the red and white target on it:)  I added pool party ribbon --- love this new ribbon!!! -- and then decorated the top with a large scallop circle (Big Shot) in soft suede.  I topped the scallop circle with a beautiful medallion made with Spice Cake DSP and added punched circles in the center (soft suede and pool party), topped off with a beautiful antique brad.  This jar is so pretty that it could house endless possibilities for little gifts that your friends would love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...