Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Soft Suede Layout

Here's a layout we made at my Scraps & Prayers class.  Again, I'm using the Spice Cake colors --- pool party, more mustard, pear pizzazz --- and attaching everything to a soft suede background.  There's stamping in the background --- I used more mustard and river rock to give a subtle added texture to the background.
The leaves are stamped on very vanilla, using pear pizzazz ink.  I stamped off before adding the outline detail over it, using soft suede.
The stamp set is Gently Falling.  This is a gorgeous stamp set and really lends itself to LOTS of techniques to add beautiful color to the leaves.  You can add shades of color to the leaves with sponge daubers and can even emboss the outline details over the leaves.  I've only just begun to explore the possibilities for this set!
Be sure to check out yesterday's post for details on this stamp set and my classes!

 Here's the complete layout:
Here's a close-up of the leaves.  They are on dimensionals.  It was a lot of cutting, but well worth it.  I attached the leaves to pear pizzazz squares punched with the postage square punch and then attached those to more mustard squares.

Here's a closer view of the left page.  
I hope you can see the stamping onto the soft suede background.
I plan to add journaling in the empty spaces at the bottom of each pool party layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...