Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A New Little Shape from a Favorite Old Punch!

While still sharing Spice Cake projects with you, I'd also like to teach you how to make a cute little punched shape that I learned from my demo friend, Patty.  This is great for making tiny little labels and tags when you are using tiny little stamps.

Stamp a tiny text on a strip of CS in the direction shown.

Insert the strip into the decorative label punch as shown.

Punch it out and you'll have a strange little shape like this one.

Attach a sticky note to your piece, as shown.  The sticky note acts as your 'fishing line' so you can lower the tiny piece into the punch and be able to align it where you want it to be.

You're trying to line up the image in the opposite end of the punch from what you used the first time, so that you get little rounded 'knobs' on each side.

Punch it and here's your cute little new shape, all ready to attach to a card or project!

...and here's your cute little piece used as a tag on this card.  I used the Gently Falling stamp set and stamped acorns over a portion of the card base.  I had a TINY scrap of torn fabric that I wrapped around the pool party layer 3 times, pinched it together and tied it with hemp.  I added my new little shape as a tag and layered it with a cut out leaf.  Both the 'tag' and the leaf are on dimensionals.  I used my new Stampin' Up! Simply Scored tool to create the medallion from a 1 X 12" strip of Spice Cake DSP, attached it to a punched circle and attached that to my card.  I added more circles on top of the medallion, along with an antique brad.

Here's a little close-up of the tag and the fabric strips.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll try making the new little punched shape.  It's so easy and fun!
In my next post, I'll feature some of the wonderful buttons that coordinate with the Spice Cake suite of products and I'll share with you how to make a coordinating little treat holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...