Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Fall!

It's here officially.  Yesterday was the first day of fall, so here are some more fall projects for you to enjoy and, hopefully, inspire you to try some of your own.

I got this basket in some bargain bin last fall and it's quite nice and sturdy.  This year, I realized that I must decorate it.  The leaves for the pears were cut on the Big Shot and inspired from Stampin' Up! displays I've seen.  The candlestick holder is an old spool.  I don't know why, but I have a love of collecting old spools.  They come in so many different sizes and shapes and are so interesting.  I wrapped Spice Cake fabric around the spool and decorated it with a DSP medallion.  I used more mustard CS and then Spice Cake DSP to decorate the candle.  I won't burn it with the papers that close to the top.  It's just for decoration.

Close-up of the leaves on the pears.

I just tied a tiny piece of linen thread around the little pears.  The leaves would have been too big for the proportions.  I added a tiny dot of Liquid Tombow glue to each of the threads at the knots, to help secure them.  They can still be gently pulled off if I want to change my decor.

Here's a close-up of the tag on the basket.

Here's a close-up of the medallion.  It has pool party and more mustard circles (CS) layered in the middle and then I added an antique brad.

Here's the spool top without the candle.  I tried to heat up the soft suede taffeta ribbons a bit, to make them crinkly and give them a vintage look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...