Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Early Espresso

What a delightful color!  I didn't even know we needed it until the new color renovation came out with it.  Now, I don't know how I lived without it.
Creative Combination:
Early Espresso
Marina Mist
Tangerine Tango
I absolutely LOVE this color combo.  I got out my 'Aviary' stamp set again for a cute little bird in a cage (embossed the birdcage) and added "hello" from the 'Happy Greetings' stamp set.  A small antique brad just sets it off to perfection, along with a tiny knot of Marina Mist ribbon.


Getting Started Combination:
Early Espresso
Whisper White
Pretty in Pink
For this card (love the pink with the deep espresso!) I used the stamp set 'For All You Do' and added some pearls to the flower centers.  The flowers are embossed using VersaMark and clear EP on the Pretty in Pink CS.


Dynamic Duo:
Early Espresso
Soft Suede
For this card, I got to use my brand new stamp set again -- 'My Friend.'  I LOVE this new set.  I borrowed a flower from the 'For All You Do' stamp set and added an antique brad to the center.  The "hello" is embossed and then I used a little technique of mine to enhance the flower.  This technique works on SMALL pieces to be embossed.  I used Soft Suede Classic Ink along with VersaMark and embossed with clear EP.  Working quickly, as the image MUST stay hot, I layered on more clear EP and embossed again.  I repeated the process 3 times.  You can do this because when it is still hot, it is just sticky enough to hold another layer of EP.  It gives an enamel effect to the embossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...