Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip

Chocolate chip!  What's to say about chocolate?  Everyone loves chocolate!
For today's post, I am going to show you a sneak peek at one of the new ribbons coming out in the new catalog in July:  Scallop Dots -- today's version:  chocolate chip!  Each card in today's post will feature a unique way to use a small amount of ribbon, so your stash will last longer:)
Creative Combination:
Chocolate Chip
Wild Wasabi
Pretty in PInk
For this card, I pulled out yet another favorite stamp set of mine -- 'Season of Friendship.'  I loved this tree the first time I laid eyes on it.  It lends itself well to this color combo.  The ribbon is wrapped around the card and the overlap is hidden behind the text.

Sweet Set:
Chocolate Chip
Tangerine Tango
Always Artichoke
The minute I saw that Tangerine Tango was one of the colors, I pulled out the new EP again.  I embossed the leaves with VersaMark and clear EP.  I embossed the little roses & the cat with the new Tangerine Tango EP (VersaMark ink).  The text is embossed with chocolate chip Craft Ink & clear EP.  The ribbon on this card is simply tied into a little knot.  If you twist and fiddle with it, you can get the polka dots to show on both sides.  I glued it onto the card with a small dot of Liquid Tombow.  I really like this glue for its strong hold.  I had to give the cat some bling on his collar and then added some more bling to the text piece, also.  The stamp sets are 'Flower Fest' and 'Touch of Kindness' and both are from the summer mini.

Dynamic Duo:
Chocolate Chip
Crumb Cake
What a yummy combo.  It makes you want a little snack:)  I decided to make a little card using the pinecone sprig from 'Autumn Days.'  I embossed all the images with chocolate chip Craft Ink and clear EP.  I added a jumbo eyelet (Get yours soon, because they're retiring.) and slipped a piece of ribbon through it.  I held the ends of the ribbon together with a little piece of embroidery thread.  Again, if you twist and fiddle with the ribbon, you can get the polka dots to show on both ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...