Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wonderful Wild Wasabi -- Last of the Subtles Collection

I love Wild Wasabi and was so happy when Stampin' Up! brought it back with the color renovation last July.  It is a gorgeous shade of green and goes well with so many colors.
Creative Combination:
Wild Wasabi
So Saffron
Perfect Plum
I did more 'painting' with reinkers on this card, over the embossed flowers.  The stamp set is 'Happiness Shared.'  ...and yes, I liked using the Perfect Plum reinkers on the flowers.  It is a lot more vibrant against the So Saffron.  The Wild Wasabi makes the So Saffron look brighter, also.  So, another great color combination.  I used a generous application (background only) of my Shimmer Paint/alcohol mixture, to give the background some sparkle. 

Sweet Set:
Wild Wasabi
Marina Mist
Early Espresso
Here, once again, is another color combo I might not have thought of trying until I used the Color Coach and I love these colors together.  I used the stamp set 'Every Moment' and worked with a faux linen technique on the circle image.  I 'painted' the image with reinkers and added an embossed layer.  The finishing touches were Marina Mist ribbon and a spritzing with my Shimmer Paint/alcohol mixture for some added sparkle.

Dynamic Duo:
Wild Wasabi
Garden Green
What is the most amazing thing about this card?  It's the new embossing powders!  Using a great amount of patience and care, I added 2 colors of embossing powder -- Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi -- to the stamped image.  It's from the stamp set 'Just Believe.'  I LOVE how the embossing turned out and it was well worth the extra time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...