Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Perfect Plum

I love Stampin' Up colors, but must admit that Perfect Plum is less than perfect for me.  I don't really like this color and admit that I don't use it very often.  I challenged myself to come up with 3 cards that I could like and I think I managed to do it.  It's good to push yourself outside your comfort zone once in a while.  Here's what I came up with for Perfect Plum.

Creative Combination:
Perfect Plum
Marina Mist
Rose Red
I admit that the Marina Mist helped me a lot to like this card, but I think it's a very nice color combo.
I used the "Notably Ornate' stamp set for the card, along with a bit of Marina Mist ribbon, the Oval Scallop punch, and a touch of bling with a little rhinestone.

Sweet Set:
Perfect Plum
Riding Hood Red
More Mustard
I don't think I would have ever thought to use this color combo on my own, but I tried it and really like it.  I love using circles to add a fun touch to a card.  I used 4 sizes of circle punches and added rhinestones to some of them -- more bling.  The stamp sets I used were 'Funky Four,' 'Curvy Verses,' and the little "hi" is from 'Fabulous Phrases.'

Dynamic Duo:
Perfect Plum
Elegant Eggplant
It's not as easy as it looks to create a monochromatic card.  I needed to add a touch of white to liven it up a bit.  I used the 'Bold Blossoms' stamp set and added brads, a rhinestone, and Dazzling Diamonds (on the butterfly wings) to give it more interest.  The flower blossoms were created with our new Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch.  This is a totally awesome punch!
Tip: 
It takes a little muscle to use the punch, so place it on a table, stand up, place one hand over the other and press down and it punches perfectly every time.  You do NOT use this punch upside down as you are used to doing with many of our other punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...