Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Marvelous Marina Mist

As you probably know by now, I am in love with Marina Mist.  It is a simply gorgeous color and goes with a surprisingly large number of other Stampin' Up! colors.

Creative Combination:
Marina Mist
Crumb Cake
Cajun Craze
I decided to go for a little Western flavor for these colors, using the 'Out West' stamp set.  I tried to make the layers look like leather, so some embossing and a lot of sponging was involved, after covering the CS layer with tiny, torn pieces of masking tape.  I like how my cowboy turned out for this card.

Getting Started Combination:
Marina Mist
Real Red
Old Olive
This is a fabulous color combination -- really vibrant!
Using the 'For You Flower' stamp and the hearts from the 'Confetti' stamp set, I created a happy little card and added a fun touch with little strawberries.  I embossed a small piece of Real Red CS with the polka dot embossing folder and then punched out little hearts with the Small Heart Punch.  I added the Old Olive stem by using one of the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack punches.  Wow!  That was a mouthful!
Tip:  The easiest way to attach such tiny pieces is by using a 2-Way Glue Pen.
To get all 3 colors on the flower stamp, I used the 'huff' method and Stampin' Write Markers.  These markers give a super vibrant look to any project and stamp perfectly every time.

Dynamic Duo:
Marina Mist
Bashful Blue
Let's sail away on calm seas beneath a soft blue sky!  I used the 'Sail Away' stamp (can't help but think of Enya when I say this stamp's name:) and 'The Open Sea' stamp set for this card.  Using watercolor paper (cut with a circle die), the sailboat is stamped with VersaMark and embossed with Chocolate Chip EP.  I then used reinkers to 'paint' the background.  A Jumbo Eyelet adds a nice embellishment and the ribbon is slipped through it and then tied with a piece of embroidery thread.  I added a tiny touch of bling by placing a small rhinestone in the center of the compass.  This would be a good masculine card or nice for anyone who likes sailing or water scenes.  I don't sail, but I love the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...