Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back to the Land of Color!

I'm back in my studio and busy as can be.  We had just started on the Subtles Collection when our baby came early and then I took time out for my grandsons...so... let's continue by revisiting Baja Breeze that I'd previously posted.
CREATIVE COMBINATION:  Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze and Basic Gray

SWEET SET:  Baja Breeze, More Mustard and Cherry Cobbler.

Close-up of detail.

DYNAMIC DUO:  Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy


Close-up of detail.  The Not Quite Navy isn't showing up quite as dark as it is IRL, but still looks great.

Now, you may be thinking that these cards look familiar, but not quite the same.  You're right!  I designed them on My Digital Studio.  Then, I printed them off, trimmed them, added some additional embellishments and attached them to a card base.  This is called making a hybrid project -- part digital and part real life details that you can touch.  Believe it or not, on the last photo here, the buttons that look so real are actually part of the digital work.  I pierced holes in them and tied on white thread before attaching to the card base.  I added pearls to the scalloped layer, as well as using pearls on several of the other projects.  (The second card does have a real button.)

1 comment:

  1. wow great idea with the thread inside the digital button. You are doing awesome and leaving me behind in the dust!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...