Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Always Artichoke

Always Artichoke is a wonderful shade of green and looks great with so many colors.  A combo not mentioned on the Color Coach, but one that I love, involves using it with Cherry Cobbler.  Try this one sometime, too.

Creative Combination:
Always Artichoke
Crumb Cake
Bashful Blue
This card makes me smile because it was inspired by my oldest grandson.  When he was 5 or 6, we were keeping him (along with his younger brother) for a week and every time we got into my car, he would pull out one of the maps from the seat pocket and 'navigate' us to our destination.  One day, we heard a lot of rustling around from the back seat and a feeble:  "I seem to be having trouble putting this back away."  The map was so crumpled (and in 2 pieces) that we all just cracked up.  I've kept it (sentimental me) and, when I got the new Sienna, I put it into the new seat pocket to remind me of fun times.  The stamp set I used is 'Travel Log' from the Summer Mini.

Sweet Set:
Always Artichoke
So Saffron
Cajun Craze
For this card, I just plain had fun with styles of stamp sets that I don't usually use that much.  I really enjoyed it and did some embossing and distressing (which I love to do) along the way.  The stamp sets I used are 'Extreme Elements' and 'Extreme Skateboard,' and 'Smarty Pants.'

Dynamic Duo:
Always Artichoke
River Rock
I really love these colors together.  I decided to make a 3x3" card and use the cute little Sweet Pea stamp from the set 'So Cute.'  The Always Artichoke seam binding makes a great look for it.  The stamped image is embossed with Always Artichoke Craft ink and Iridescent Ice EP.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...